The next Java Jam at Milam Street Coffee Shop in Wharton will be Friday, May 25th, 6-9 pm.
Our guests this month are Possum and the Bee, a husband and wife team from right here in Wharton. You'll never believe who it is!!
Please bring a covered dish to share. BYOW. Cover charge $15.
**Here's the way the Java Jam works:
6-7 pm opening music
7-8 pm buffet
8-9 pm second round of music
What you'll need to enjoy the evening:
- Bring a covered dish, enough for you and a bit extra.
2. Bring your own wine if you wish.
- Bring $15 per person to help pay for the guest musicians. This is an honor system donation designed to help attract and pay a little gas money to out of town musicians.
- The special dessert for May will be announced later.
- Our business of the month is J. T.'s This and That, located right here on Monterey Square. If you can't find it at J. T.'s – it's not made anywhere!!
Some Dates to Keep in Mind –
FARMER'S MARKET starts up this Saturday, May 19th at Guffy Park, right behind the Coffee Shop. Hours are 9 am to noon. If you want to be a vendor, come to an organizational meeting here at the Coffee Shop on Thursday, May 17th at 6:30 pm.
If you love wine, Drew Tidmore, Pour Excuse, is having a wine tasting at Scheller's in Glen Flora on Thursday, May 24th at 6:30 pm. You can also see Drew at work at the Monterey Square Wine and Arts Fair, Saturday, October 13th. It is never too early to write us down on your calendar and come and pass a good time.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE – Tuesday, May 29th !! You can't complain if you don't vote!!
Thank you for your support.
Directions from Houston, Sugarland or Rosenberg, Texas --
Take Highway 59 South, take first Wharton exit which is Business 59 to Hwy 60 (Bay City), turn left, go around the Courthouse Square on one way streets. We are on the northwest corner of the square. If you need any help, please call 979-282-9771.